Gotta love it! Tell us all something funny a child has said to you recently.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
- Uh, my FAMILY, I guess :) My wife and Kids. The picture is off to the side- Who wouldn't be thankful for them? Truly the #1 best thing in my life.
- That I live in a free and democratic country. No matter how hard of times we may fall on, I still will always be grateful to live here.
- My job- I love working for Stampin' Up! It is an amazing company and I love, and strongly believe in, all that they stand for.
- Television- I am a news and Hollywood junkie. I know, two extremes- but love it.
- My home- all 2400 square feet. I always thought Iwould need so much more than that. I thought it would be a starter home; just a step to something greater. I realize now it is all I need and that what I truly need in my life is to be giving a lot more of what I have to other people. Besides I could live in a bunker if I knew I would be with my wife and kids- most days anyway! :)
- Diet Coke- though I am giving it up for Lent (not being Catholic I am really not sure what that entails but I hear people around me giving up something for a time called Lent. Sounds kind of fun. I think I will try it- yea right.
- My Brother and Sisters- Each one brings such special traits to our family. We have a riot when we are together. I know that I always need to pack my inhaler because we will be laughing for hours and hours and hours- and my poor little lungs can't take it. Brian is a riot! The family clown. You never know when you will come around a corner and be greeted by a "full moon". Buffy-so calm and nurturing and thoughtful. Wants everyone to be happy. And Jen, incredibly patience, has tons of love to go around, and laughs like a witch (you know you do- we have been telling you for years).
- My parents- two wonderful people that care so much about other people that they always put themselves last. Mom-surviving cancer for the second time and doing so without any complaints (I didn't get that trait) and Dad- cares deeply about making our city, state and country a better place to live and spends much time volunteering to do so.
- Music- hearing someone singing in the shower, whistling at work (Linda), humming while working, snapping to the beat of music (Shannon), hearing songs of the season by the Mo Tab Choir, Donny Osmond and Mariah Carey, hearing Malorie and Coltin play a song on the piano that they have learned and are so proud to share, and hearing Sophie constantly walk around the house singing made up words to familiar tunes. Life would be so boring without the blessing of music.
- Cars- even though I live about 5 miles from work, can you imagine how long that would take me on a horse, skates, walking, jogging (well that one would probably kill me long before I got there) skateboard, in a carriage or wagon. UGH! I forget how convenient they make life. I can easily go see my familf members. Sometimes in just minutes.
I want everyone to reply with at least one thing you are thankful for. It feeld good.
Monday, November 17, 2008
You should know that we were visitng Grammy and Papa (my parents) when Sophie put a popsicle stick in the toilet and FLUSHED it!
Me: Sophie say sorry to Grammy.
Sophie (grunting): uh uhhhhhhhhhh
Me (losing patience): Sophie say sorry!
Sophie: uh uhhhhhhhhhhh
Me (Hoping someone from DCFS isn't listening): Sophie just say the words "Sorry Grammy" for heaven sakes.
Sophie (defiantly): I already did.
Me (flabbergasted): No you didn't! I am standing right here and never heard it.
Sophie (adamantly): That's because I said it in SPANISH!!!!
Who knew that at four she had become bilingual? Now how can you ever get mad at that?
Monday, November 3, 2008
Let me know what you think......
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
I can tell that the next 90 days are going to be intense but worth it. On another note, the Power Yoga last night....what the.....? As far as flexibility goes, I can barely bend over and touch my own knees versus my toes or the floor for that matter!!!! :)
Tonights workout is DAY 5: Legs, Back, and the Ab Ripper- sounds daunting and perhaps slightly cripling! :)
Saturday is Kenpo and then Sunday(praise the Lord) is my rest day- no workout, and perhaps a pop Tart and Diet Coke for good behavior.
Monday, October 6, 2008
So tonight I start the "P90X" workouts:
So in the off chance that I actually make it through the workout tonight and can walk tomorrow, or for that matter at all this week- then I will let you know how it goes.
In the mean time friends---get the ice packs, ben gay and hot pads ready!!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Here is the book (you will love it):
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
NOW YOU WRITE: What do you LOVE about the summer months.
Friday, August 8, 2008
I LOVED this year's Convention more than any other one ( I probably say that every year- but I mean it this year). What a great fun time we had celebrating all of our amazing, fabulous demonstrators all over the world. I love our demos! They are the greatest people in the world.
I have tried over and over to explain to my kids what I do for a living. How do you explain geting up on stage and stamping in front of 6000 women and 3 men :) Well, the kids got to come down to the Salt Palace and see me present on the maainstage. It was awesome. There they were on the front row, my little chickens and Teresa!! Everytime I saw them on the big camera screen I almost got a little teary. SOOOOOO cute. Of course I threatened to take away everything they own if they ran around all over the place :) As any good parent would. On the way home in the car Coltin asked his mom "Is Daddy famous mom?" HA HA HA HA HA - "Only one week a year sweetie!"- she said. It is good to shrink that big head of mine!
So what was your favorite part of Convention??? I am dying to know all the things that you just LOVED?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
For today I want us all to discuss things that just absolutely BUG us! Trust me-- this can be very fun.
So here are my big gripes for the day:
1) Wal-mart lines: seriously people, you are busy at the same time every single day yet you only have two stands open and one of them is a new trainee? What the???..... My tip for you is to always check to see if there is someone in jewelry. They will ring you up there most of the time.
2) Again with the Wal-Mart: but my gripe is for the people that are there after 11:00 PM and have their KIDS with them. And they are always yelling at their kids to not whine and to shut it! Parents please, your children are TIRED and should be home in their bed waiting for the tooth fairy to come. Now there is ONE exception and that is people that go there at 5:00 but are still waiting in the TWO open lines to check out.
3) This will be my LAST regrading Wal-mart. But they took away those great music listening stations in the CD area. I like to know what i am buying before I Purchase it. Plus sometimes I am just chep and just want to HEAR a song and not OWN the song.
4) This is not about Wal-mart but many people that shop there. There is absolutely no reason to stand at the Guitar Hero station and play for three hours at a time. it is almost always a fully grown man, with several children that he keeps telling to shut up, plus it is after 11: pm (see above). Sir- maybe you should save some aluminum cans and buy one, or go home and read a book to your children.
5) People that DO NOT wash their hands coming out of the restroom. It is not like we dont know what you were just doing in there. But you can forget about all high fives and knuckle bumps for the rest of the day pal. My sanatized hands are off limits to you. Oh and leave the magazine at your desk please! What's next? Will you take in a picnic basket and make a day of it? You are not going for a drive in the country- you are going to the bathroom!!!
6) People that go to work when they are sick. SERIOUSLY? Because you are feeling ill do you think we ALL need to feel ill? (to my co-workers I know I broke my own rule this week but to be fair... I never threw up AT work!!!!!) :)
7) Ugly Parade floats- GASP! There is nothing worse (expect numbers 1-6) I am a director of a local Miss America pageant and our float this year is pathetic. I need to post a pic. Pieces have fallen off, broken, the float engine broke down in the first parade. One element is held on by a bungee cord. That right... a BUNGEE cord. I LOVE a good parade... but I HATE an ugly float.
8) Diet coke prices- UGH $1.39 for a small bottle now? It is not made out of gasoline is it? Maybe my blog needs to turn to my next attempt to go off caffeine all together. WHAT? did someone just take over my body and write that??????
9) people that smoke in cars with children in their car seats. Not that I would like it if they weren't in car seats...that is a whole other story. I don't care if the windows are slightly cracked. That just tells me that the smoke is just slightly going in your kids lungs. Adults have the right to smoke- I do believe that- however I do not believe in making that choice for the minors in YOUR car.
10) So you went to BYU- big deal. So you went to UTAH big deal. I dont care and I don't want to hear about the rivalry in every single conversation anyone in the state of Utah has. (BTW I did graduate from one of those schools- and i STILL don't care) Do you think anyone that went to an IVY league school ever sits around and talks about BYU beating the U or the U beating BYU? No- and you know why- because people DONT CARE! And I certainly do NOT want to see your stupid bumper sticker showing a cartoon character "peeing" on BYU or on the U of U.
I have soooo many more, but I need to save that for my next post. So now write your biggest gripes so we can all get a good laugh at what really bugs all of us!!! :)
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
But seriously, does De Anna really need to cry in every single episode? UGH! You know how people get that really weird "cry face" well this girl has definitely got one. I enjoy watching the show but find myself making those fake gagging faces every time the water works starts up.
Am I just totally insensitive or is anyone else getting a bit weary of the tears?
How are you rooting for on the Bachelorette? Graham (too bad), Jeremy, Jason or Jesse? I myself am totally cheering on Jason- even though I think DeAnna could walk all over him?
Respond with your vote, and why, and we will compare notes.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
My little twin "Tito", Coltin- What a ladies man. He is devilishly handsome, witty, a brilliant little mathematician (gets that from his mother) and quite a soccer player. Would stay in the shower all day long if the hot water didn't run out. He is smart which is great, unless he feels the need to correct you when you have spoken incorrectly about something :) He is my best little man!
I have been blessed greatly (though I find I am having to remind myself of that more and more as they get older and even more sassy)!!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Top Ten Vice-Presidential Candidates
10. Bob Barker - we would even let him carry around an ultra-skinny microphone to speak into at all times, supply him with mega bronzer, and have his name announced every time he "comes on down" to a legislative session.
9. Tyra Banks- Everytime they asked her for a comment she would just simply reply "That is FIERCE"!
8. Mike Tyson- If the President, or anyone else, gets out of line he can just bite them.
7. Jeff Gordon- everytime a bill was passed he would spray down everyone on the Senate floor with champagne to celebrate.
6. Martha Stewart- the Capitol Building will get a well deserved make over with all the extra time she has (everyone knows the VP doesn't do much anyway-kidding). Perhaps she could make themed rooms in the whtte house like a jungle room, french cottage, or an old mining lodge and then rent out the rooms to guest. Oh wait- that last idea was already done by the Clinton's.
5. Simon Cowell- because he would have no problem telling the President when he is being "an idiot", "unbearable", "the worst ever", "annoying", or "absolutely dreadful". And he would just look away and not feel like he had to apologize for it.
4. Elmer Fudd- because he carries a gun too and could just as easily take a shot at his good buddies like Dick Cheney did.
3. Oprah Winfrey- it is inevitable, she is taking over the world anyway. So why not give her another channel to do so. (no hate mail here, I quite like Oprah)
2. Ellen De Generes- because this country needs a good laugh from time to time. Wouldn't she be great to send to other countries to negotiate us and others out of war.
1. Warren Jeffs- he seems to be keeping thousands of women quite happy on the YFZ ranch. Why not let him take a stab at keeping the rest of the nation happy too. Plus he would have to work for some of the money he is currently making off of the government.
Anyway, it is all meant in good fun. Feel free to leave me a comment with a few names that you would include -even though most of you won't :)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
TOP TEN FAVORITE TV SHOWS- CURRENT
10. NBA play off's- not as fun without my jazz, but still exciting to watch
9. Funniest Home Videos- especially the clips where people get hurt. I know that is sick, but if you are also honest with yourself, then you know that those ones are much more funny. And sadly- even when older people fall- I am sick -what is wrong with me???
8. One Tree Hill- A teen-ish show
7. Bachelor/ Bachelorette
6. Dancing with the Stars- loved this season the most- Kristi Yamaguchi rocks.
5. Gossip Girl- another teen show. I need help!
4. American Idol- best season yet
3. So You Think You Can Dance- except for the guy that danced in his "skivies" last week.
2. Brothers & Sisters- I love this crazy little family. So much drama, hilarious moments, family bonding. Slightly reminds me of my own family. But we just might have it a little more together than them.
1. America's next Top Model- How can you go wrong with this show. Loved that Whitney won this year (see my first blog entry).
Feel free to comment back and add your favorite shows!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Anywho, as I said I take great pride in my home. All the pictures are hung just so, every decoration has a specific place and a specific reason for being there. I don't like bare walls, they need to be dressed up. So we have a few wall hangings in most rooms of the house.
Recently, a friend came over to the house and had a very interesting question. He wondered why we put our pictures so low on the walls. I did not know what he meant so he explained that the picture groupings seemed to be lower then normal on the walls. He said he thought they were supposed to be just above eye level. Then thinking about it broke into laughter. You see, I am 5 foot 5 inches tall... or short! So too me, all of the pictures are just above eye level. For that matter so are all of the sinks, counters, cupboards...... :)
A very funny experience that I thought all could enjoy..... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
P.S. All pictures have been moved up a few inches on the walls!!!
So I send out a messgae to all.... be kind to your co-workers come Monday morning or they just may write about YOU on THEIR blog!! :) Love ya Shanny
I really do enjoy sitting by Shannon and hope for many, many more years of office fun.